October 5, 2011

It's that crochet time of year already....

I don't know about you guys, but with temperatures cooling off (oh my, the mid-80s?) and a few leaves finally beginning to change colors, I'm feeling the urge for some warm and comforting fiber arts! Crochet is, of course, my fiber art of choice. I recently put it to use in a pretty exciting local project....

A group of lovely and talented ladies, helmed by the fabulous Lindsay of Collected Thread in the Oklahoma City Plaza District, executed one impressive yarn-bombing! My finest contribution, a bike rack snake:

It has a goofy little tail as well.

Here's an article: OKC's Plaza District Is "Strung Out" by Hard-Core Knitters
and another with wonderful photos: Public funding, enterprenuerialism and a yarn bomb in OKC's Plaza District
aaaaand another: The Plaza District in Oklahoma City Gets Yarn Bombed
...and Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips even tweeted pictures!! (he lives a few blocks away)

No comments:

Post a Comment